Hey! Welcome to the Acute Records blog, which is short for Acute Records Web-Log. I know what you’re thinking, why a blog? I thought it would be really cool to have a forum to discuss music, but actually it’s just a way to try to get people to check out the website on a regular basis. Just so you know, this isn’t the first time I’ve had a blog…
I actually had a LiveJournal for almost 3 years in the beginning of the decade. There was a lot of talk about cool post-punk bands and old records, but also a lot of drunken posts about girls, as well as sober posts about drunk girls. This time I plan on narrowing my focus to things I think an Acute Records fan would be interested in reading about. So any of the 4 of you who may be reading this, feel free to let me know what you think! And as I discussed here, that vague Acute aesthetic that is defined by basically whatever excites me…
Here are a few things I’m going to be posting about…
- New reissues of old records of various kinds, but especially from that late 70s-mid 80s period we love so much.
- New bands that are cool. In the last few years there’s been an explosion of artists drawing from the type of stuff that we’ve been reissuing. I’d like to think that some of the older record collector types who may still mostly live in the past (like myself) could be checking out some of these younger bands who draw from many of the same influences. And half of these are just bands that added us on myspace.
- Radio shows, including my contributions to Viva Radio and tours of interest.
- Random rants about personal musical obsessions regardless of relevance.
- Updates about Acute Records and our website, when features are added, when there’s some news about our releases, etc.
- Interiews and little mini-features.
- MP3s will be posted as often as possible, and only with permission.
So I imagine you get the idea. I don’t know, I’m sure it’ll evolve as it goes on. I’m pretty dedicated to doing this, so I hope it won’t be one of those blogs that starts off all ambitious and has like, 3 posts. My goal is to post at least 1 thing a week, but will probably post more. I hope you bookmark this, check it out often and comment as much as you can. Let me know if you have any ideas/suggestions, please excuse any technical hiccups in the beginning, please let everyone know about this, make sure you check out the rest of the site, and thanks for reading this far! Talk soon….